Fashion Fridays – I’m on a Budget

20 Jan

Welcome to the second installment of Fashion Fridays! The first one was such a success (page view wise), that I decided this weekly post will be the new norm for Friday!

I, along with many other people, am on a budget. Last week I featured a Lululemon top, which was a little pricey. This week I decided to post a budget friendly item, that almost anyone could purchase for their fitness wardrobe!

Old Navy Compression Tank Top

I will admit it, I am a total brand whore when it comes to running clothes. The pricier the outfit, the faster I think it will make me run.

This weekend I was out shopping, and decided to make a stop in Old Navy. I have been seeing their active wear commercials on TV, and thought it might be something worth trying. I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon this striped top, and it was on sale for $10!

I love wearing tanks to run in and in boot camp class. I get really hot when I have sleeves on, especially when working out inside or in the heat. This top was a dry fit material, which is perfect for a warm workout.

The top came with extra padding in the bust, however I removed these first thing. I always wear another sports bra under my running tops (unless it is a Lulu top), so I didn’t need the extra padding. It was a little large around my stomach, but that was ok seeing that I was wearing it at boot camp. Less clothing huggage, less I notice the results from donuts.

Overall, the top was comfy, and cozy. Not once did it annoy me during the workout, and I also managed to snag some compliments in between plank sets.

Should you buy one?

YES! For the price alone, this top is worth purchasing. It was just as comfortable and easy to wear as my pricey running tops, but one fifth the cost.

Anyone who is looking to refresh their running and workout wardrobe with cute clothes (which I would highly recommend), please head to Old Navy. The prices are amazing, and the clothes are cute.

Have you ever tried Old Navy clothes? Or are you a running clothes brand whore like me and afraid to venture out of the brand bubble?

TGIF!

9 Responses to “Fashion Fridays – I’m on a Budget”

1. Caitlin C. January 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

That top is so cute! I love my Old Navy workout top. It’s also the “wicking” material and even has a little pocket to put things in, in case I wear it running and need to hold keys or something! An iPod shuffle would even fit in the pocket!

2. Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl January 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

It’s just like when I wash my car, I swear it goes faster. 😉 I feel the same way w/ my fitness clothes/gear as you do.

Nice score at Old Navy! Will definitely try them out as I need new tanks.

3. foodfitandfam January 20, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

Ahh I have been meaning to buy one of those tops so I truly appreciate your review! Glad you liked it and it is SUPER cute!

4. MCM Mama January 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

I just bought a cute pair of workout capris + two yoga bras (AKA won’t support the girls for high impact) + two gap fit tanks without built-ins for $50.

I’m cheap and I workout daily, so I have a fair amount of Old Navy and Tek gear from Kohl’s. That way I can buy more expensive things when it’s important – shoes and jackets LOL.

5. Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner January 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

I will be going to Old Navy after work today to make this purchase. LOVE.

6. Michele @ nycrunningmama January 20, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

Ohh! I like this! I used to be a running/shoes/bag whore but have realized how superficial it makes me. As long as it fits good, looks good, and does what it should, I couldn’t care less what brand! I need to start testing out other brands – really, really like this top! Next time I’m in Old Navy, I will definitely check out their workout clothes (I didn’t even know they had them – is that bad?)

7. pure2rawtwins January 20, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

good to know about Old Navy! did not know they had workout clothes

8. Josie January 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

That top is cute and colurful. Plus for 10 bucks, how can you go wrong? 🙂

I am not brand loyal when it comes to running clothes but I do care about the fabric in terms of breathability, fit etc. Thats why I tend to go for nike, new balance etc because I think they are built specifically for runners. But for general gym wear, old navy seems a good deal!

9. Julie January 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

Looks cute. I’ve been wondering about the quality of the new ON line. Thanks for posting some on it