A Day in the Life of Ali

8 Feb

I thought it would be fun to document my day, and show everyone how I choose to spend my time. Enjoy!

5:30am – Run 5 miles

7:00am – Get my Josh Elliott fix on GMA. I love you, Josh!

7:45am – Ready for work, glad I get to wear jeans!

7:55am – Pack up lunch, fix my smoothie, leave for work

8:20am – Sit in traffic on 435W

8:30am – Arrive at work. Good morning, Digital Evolution Group!

12:15pm – Lunch at my desk. mmmm Turkey.

2:15pm – Refill water for the 3rd time

3:00pm – Snack time! Chobani yogurt with Kashi and banana.

4:00pm – Tea time

5:15pm – Leave DEG, head to boot camp

5:56pm – Make it to boot camp just in time!

7:05pm – Hobble out of boot camp

7:12pm – Arrive at Margo’s for weekly Bachelor party with the gals!

9:15pm – Come home, shower and setup my nighttime office

10:05pm – Set out running clothes for Tuesday morning hill workout

10:06pm – Set alarm (that extra minute past 5 helps), prepare for bed!

Wake up, and repeat 🙂

-Ali

21 Responses to “A Day in the Life of Ali”

1. Miz February 8, 2012 at 8:43 am #

I love reading these and now am thinking I havent DONE ONE in ages 🙂
    hmmmmmmm….

2. Tara Burner February 8, 2012 at 8:48 am #

love love love it….
    another dark o clock sister 🙂
    hmmmmm I dont think I’ve ever done a day in the life of Tara post
    I should….

3. Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 8, 2012 at 9:32 am #

ha…love that your weekend alarm is 7am. crazy girl! also, always forget you’re from KC. man i do not mis 435 at all. worst traffic ever.

4. Lindsey February 8, 2012 at 10:41 am #

Too cute Ali! I can live vicariously through this and pretend we’re still living in the same city. 🙂

5. Judy Schnakenberg February 8, 2012 at 10:59 am #

I’m feeling pretty impressed that our Bachelor group is included in your interesting, busy day! Great blog, as always!

6. runningtowardtheprize February 8, 2012 at 11:25 am #

I love seeing what others do throughout their day! You are a busy girl (as am I) – but you get up WAY too early for me! (This girl needs her 8-9 hours of sleep…)

7. Corey February 8, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Fun post!

I love that you printed out the Bachelor girls pics!! We need to do that for our little watching party too. We always end up asking each other “What’s her name again?” a million times!! We are loving Kacie B.!!

P.S. Running in the a.m. & bootcamp after work?! Hardcore.

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 8, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

We love Kacie B too but I think she is too good for Ben…

We need the notes to remember who did what the first few episodes. You should see what I write on those things….I am BRUTAL!

8. runningwithsass February 8, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

oh my goodness I am exhausted just reading that! I see in your sidebar pic you ran rnr st. Louis. Me too!

9. Stacy February 8, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

Glad I get to be part of the first thing you do in the morning. And your Greek Yogurt looks way yummier than mine. I need to accessorize my snacks too.

10. JMJ February 8, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

Hey I’m new to your blog, just stumbled across it. Looks like the link for your White Rock race recap is not working? I would love to read it, it was my 1st as well, it was brutal, but one of my most proud accomplishments.

11. Meredith @ DareYouTo February 8, 2012 at 11:58 pm #

This was fun, thanks for sharing! It’s nice to see how other fit-minded people spend their time, get to know you a little better 🙂 Motivates US to make healthy choices, too !

12. Meredith j. February 10, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

Just found your blog. Your such an inspiration to me. I’ve been trying to lose my baby weight and want to start running. Not sure if this momma will ever be as fit as you, but I’ll try.

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

The key is to get a routine, and start off slow. It might not be easy in the beginning, but it will get easier over time – I promise!

Good luck with your goals!! Hope to hear more from you 🙂

13. Sarah February 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

I just found your blog while I was googling layouts for ‘a day in the life’ and can i just say I am loving your day….two work outs, smoothie, tea..and a girls night 🙂 so fun! I am a new follower 🙂

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 11, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

Thank you!!! I only get in two a days 2 or 3 times a week. Just depends on my schedule and how crazy my work life is.

Hope you continue to read and hopefully enjoy!

14. meredith February 11, 2012 at 7:04 pm #

I just realized you didn’t eat dinner? You skinny little thing you. How many times a day do you snack? And do you have any suggestions for healthy snacks? My 4 best friends are now reading your blog too. We all have journals where we want to track our progress, and we take notes on your healthy tips. I can’t wait to get fit!!! 🙂

BTW, I saw those black high heels are target.They’re so cute. I just wish the red bottoms weren’t so bright.

Thank you!
    Merz

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm #

This made me giggle!! Yes, I had dinner. A zone bar and wheat thins. Totally not balanced but I got in my dinner (kind of!)

My favorite snacks are Greek yogurt (chobani), zone bars, cheese, fruit (strawberries and bananas), nuts, and sometimes just a pb&j. When I’m in training mode I have to make sure I get in my calories do I have energy. Therefore I’m a big snacker! I probably eat every 3-4 hours.

I need to write a blog about my diet. I’m not the healthiest person, but I do try to make good choices!

Thanks for reading. And so glad your friends are enjoying as well. Blogging has been such a fun adventure for me!

Take care!

15. Vimal November 23, 2013 at 6:24 am #

Oh cool, my hometown! Well sort of San Diego. It relaly is a fast course I ran the half marathon there in high school and gained liked half an hour over my previous time.Treat yourself to a California burrito carne asada with french fries at any local Berto’s afterwards.