Fashion Fridays – I Love Shoes

10 Feb

It is Friday again, and I want to talk shoes.

As most girls do, I love shoes. I love heels, I love flats and I love comfy.

Now keep reading to see just a few of my faves!

When I am not wearing these Tory Burch beauties…

Or these red-soled goddesses…

I am wearing these lovelies…

Flats are fab, heels are great, but the shoes that matter most to me are my running shoes.

I have been a huge fan of Brooks running shoes for quite a while.

Four years ago, I started wearing the Brooks Glycerin. I loved the support and the cushion. They were great.

This past fall I decided to try out the Brooks Ghost. Wow. These shoes are amazing, and I have never been so in love with shoes (and that is saying a lot!). In fact when it is time to get new shoes, I just pick up the exact same pair. Same color, same style, same everything. I am obsessed.

So what are your favorite types of shoes? And I am talking all shoes…flats, heels, running, whatever!

Let’s start this Friday off great. Let’s talk shoe talk.

P.S. Want to make me happy? Please “like” my facebook page! I think the only followers are me and my Mom πŸ™‚

14 Responses to “Fashion Fridays – I Love Shoes”

1. Nina February 10, 2012 at 8:44 am #

I ❀ shoe talk. I loove buying running shoes. Mostly, because they are the easiest to buy. I know what fits and I do not care as much about how they look.. I use the Brooks Ghost since last summer, but now I run in Nike Pegasus most of the time, because they are gtx, and that's perfect for snow. I don't enjoy buying other shoes because then, I always have to try on two many pairs to find one that truely fits. And I love high heels as long as they are comfy.

2. Banana Buzzbomb February 10, 2012 at 9:25 am #

I myself am a Mizuno girl. Was fitted with them back when I started running in 2007. Love them! Isn’t it the best when you find “your shoe”?? Happy Friday!!

3. Jillian February 10, 2012 at 9:48 am #

I LOVE Brooks as well but never tried the Ghost. I will have to look into those. Where do you normally shop for yours? I have been hitting The Sports Medicine Store in OP.

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 10, 2012 at 10:16 am #

I buy all of my running shoes at Gary Gribbles. I have been dedicated to that store since I was just a beginner!!

4. Heather@Just a Colorado Gal February 10, 2012 at 10:13 am #

Shoes make me happy πŸ™‚ I’m a Brooks girl also, and love my Adrenaline 11’s. I have 3 pairs just in case the 12’s don’t make happy anymore!!

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 10, 2012 at 10:15 am #

I buy multiples as well….I have had times where I was NOT a fan of the updated versions!! Brooks 4 life. hehe!

5. Daphne @ Candy Coated Runner February 10, 2012 at 10:30 am #

I used to be an Asics lover, but decided to switch it up last summer and try out Brooks. LOVE. I have the Brooks Adrenalines and LOVE them. They got me to the starting line of my first marathon, and got me all the way through it. I also bought a few pairs in case I don’t like the update. Love my running shoes! ❀

6. Nicole February 10, 2012 at 11:48 am #

I love shoe shopping with you! I just wish you had smaller feet or I had larger feet so we could share, because your shoe collection is redic!

I currently have the Brooks Ravenna 2! It’s a good one!! Brooks has just came out with the 3…I’m looking for the 2 everywhere on sale to get one more pair.

Lately I’ve been in search of some fun purple wedding shoes, so if you’ve seen something cute please let me know.

7. Kara February 10, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

My favorite would have to be my Brooks too πŸ™‚ Nothing feels better than a good pair of running shoes, but heels are prettier πŸ™‚

8. MCM Mama February 10, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

I have a ridiculous number of shoes. High heels, flats, boots, running shoes, casual shoes…

But nine times out of 10, I’m either in my Merrel barefoot shoes or Vibrams.

9. Running in Mommyland February 10, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Did it take a long time for your Reva’s to get broken in? I’ve bought a couple of pair and they all kill so I never wear them!

I’m with you about my favorites being the running shoes! I used to wear Brooks. I don’t know why I switched to Mizunos.

P.S. I liked you on facebook. I think I’m going to ask my readers to like my page too. My mom and my sisters really are my only fans!

10. Shanna @Stilettos and Running Shoes February 10, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

I got those Louboutins for Christmas and LOVEEEEEEEEEE them! Aside from those and a minor Tahari & Coach flat addiction (I’ve gone through 3 pairs – once I wear one out, I rush out to buy a new one) I absolutely love my AdiZero running shoes. Hot pink, light weight, comfortable… what’s not to love?!

11. Stacy February 11, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

Shoes are so important. I once tried to divorce my Mizunos. Guess I needed to sow my wild oats. Not a good idea. I found my way back, but not before Minzuo messed up the Wave Rider 14 model. That was really bad. But, let me tell you the Wave Rider 15 is back and better than ever. I heard a worker at Garry Gribbles say your running shoes should feel like house slippers. My Mizunos do. Love them!! In the midst of my break up with Mizuno about a year ago I did try the Brooks Ghost and they were great. My tip toe running was just more than they could handle. So we are back together FOREVER! Love your blog and love those Tory’s too!

12. Nancy Hat. February 12, 2012 at 8:46 am #

You know Stacy, I went went with the Mizunos, but found they didn’t hold their shape very well. Although I loved the look of the shoe, I had to find something that would give me the structure I needed. I trained for St. Louis last year in my saucony’s and I aboslurely LOVE them. I tend to run on the outside of my feet (thus the hip problems!) and the saucony really holds it’s shape. I think I have finally found my sole mate!!