Marvelous Mondays – February 13th

13 Feb

Happy Monday!!!

How are ya? How was your weekend? Mine was super busy, but pretty darn good! I love starting my Monday’s by coming off a great weekend. It really helps me to set the tone for the week, and I have a feeling it is going to be a great week.

Here’s why:

Snow

Kansas City finally got its first real snow of the season. You would think we were experiencing the apocolypse by the way our newscasters were covering this 2 inch storm.

Most people around here hate snow, but I happen to really love it. I think it is pretty, and so relaxing to look at. It is not very conducive to outdoor running, but I was prepared and ran a rockin’ 5 miles yesterday.

The Bachelor

Tonight on the Bachelor, The other girls help Ben to see what’s up with Courtney. And from the previews it looks like he is semi-perceptive to the conversations.

Dear Ben, "Butt cuts" are not stylish or flattering. Why would ABC allow this 'do?

But let’s get real. Ben is a guy and will continue to think like a guy. Which means Courtney will stay. I am saying it right now…this B is going to win the show.

Valentines Day

I love love. And I have always been a fan of Valentines Day. Even though I won’t be with my special someone on Valentines Day, I still get to reflect on our love! (awwwww, so freaking cheesy).

It would be really awesome if someone bought me some candy hearts, because I won't buy them for myself, but I really want some.

VACATION

The most exciting thing happening this week is a little vacation! I finally get to see Zack (It’s been since Christmas) this weekend, and we are taking a little road trip from his home in Texas to Santa Fe.

In Santa Fe we plan to ski. I think it sounds like a blast, and I am trying not to remind myself (or my boyfriend) that I have not skied since the 7th Grade.

This should be interesting…but I was a pretty stellar skier in the 7th grade. I went down a green slope fast. Surely skiing is like riding bike and I will pick up those pizza stops in no time.

Runsploration

In Santa Fe, I plan to take a little Runsploration. I haven’t been on one of these since my marathon in Dallas, and I pray I don’t get lost (that happened in Chicago once).

I also pray that I can convince my boyfriend to come with me…but I doubt this will happen because he is not a “distance runner”. Whatever. He just thinks I will beat him.

What are you excited about this week? Have any ski tips for me, or need my address to send me some candy hearts?

Have a great week, friends!!

9 Responses to “Marvelous Mondays – February 13th”

1. Lindsey F. February 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

Have a blast on your trip, you’ll do great…just don’t get discouraged. I got ran over by a Ski-Patrol once and still got back up, mortified and all. Safe travels and have a fabulous week.

2. Candice February 13, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

totally agree– Mondays are MUCH better after a great weekend!

3. Nicole February 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

I’ll buy you candy hearts if you buy me a heart shaped cookie cake that I saw at the grocery store this morning!!

Your trip sounds like a blast! Skiing is more about how cute you look on the slopes right?!

I hope you’re wrong about Courtney. For one, I hate it when you have those I told you so moments to hold over me. And for two, I just don’t like her, she’s every girls nightmare!

I hope you enjoy all the snow you’re experiencing this week! I love snow!!

4. Brigid February 13, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

YAY! Have so much fun on your trip! I can’t wait to hear how you like it and all the fun things you do! I wish I were going back to SF soon…

5. Christine @ Love, Life, Surf February 13, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

Yay for vacation! Have a great time skiing and exploring Santa Fe. It’s so lovely there. As for skiing, just remember to make big pizza slices and look in the direction that you want to go in. Take it slow. You’ll have fun 🙂

6. Corey February 13, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Since Christmas???? Wow! That must be really tough. But yay for a vacation together! Good luck skiing…you’ll pick it right back up. But ouch running might hurt with sore ski legs 🙂 worth it! Oh and I am going to be so mad if Ben chooses her!! Yuck such a mean girl!

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 13, 2012 at 11:01 pm #

Knew he would keep Courtney!!! UGH she is just EVIL!!!! What is her deal?

Yes…since Christmas. His current job situation keeps us apart right now, but I have a lot of hope that will change soon.

7. Brianna February 13, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Is Zack skiing or snowboarding, you should make him ski, that would make for a really funny adventure. Love you both and you deserve a weekend away together, just don’t go getting amnesia!!

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) February 13, 2012 at 11:02 pm #

He is snowboarding. He already warned me that he would leave me if I was slow…..knew it!

You made me LOL about the amnesia!!!