The Spring Race Series

27 Mar

Well, it’s about dang time that I update the blog with my spring race schedule.

It appears that I have been a little ambitious this year…but I am pretty excited for the next two months! Each race I signed up for has a story. So sit back, relax, and wish me luck!

Rock the Parkway

April 14, 2012

I have heard this is a great race, so this year I decided I had to run it! Well, I went online to register (3 months in advance) and read ‘SOLD OUT’. I panicked.

I began stalking the website and harassing the race directors to let me in. Finally, they announced on their facebook page that they would be offering 50 VIP Registrations for the bargain price of $150 (when the race sold out, the registration cost was $50). So of course, I signed up. BUT on race day I get to potty VIP, and park VIP. So be jealous.

Kansas Half Marathon

April 22, 2012

The Kansas Half Marathon will be my first adventure in Pacing. I will be pacing the 1:55 group with my dear friend and running buddy Stacy.

Although this race is the day after my 26th birthday, I am still excited to wake up in the dark (at the same time I would normally go to bed on my birthday) and head to Lawrence, KS to run.

If you are running this race, or know someone running, hit me up and come by my pace group!

Chicagoland Marathon

May 20, 2012

I recently signed up for the Chicagoland Marathon. I will be running this marathon with Diana, and the goal is to get her a BQ.

The pressure is on to the be the best pacer ever and get Diana to her goal. The pressure is also on to ensure that I can run another Boston Qualifier time!! Eek!

Apparently the course for this race was just updated, and will basically be an out and back times 4. Yes, you read that right – TIMES 4!!! I hope we don’t get too bored. I think I might actually put together an Agenda of things to discus during this 26.2.

Hospital Hill Marathon

June 2, 2012

I ran the 5K of this race back in the day (like, way back…I think I was 10). This year I will be running the Half Marathon with my BFF, Nicole!

This race will kick off the week of wedding festivities for Nicole’s big day. Nicole will be getting married on June 9th, and I am Maid of Honor. This race will be wedding themed for Nicole and I…and costumes will be a must.

…………………

So what do you think about the spring race schedule? Do you have any tips or suggestions to keep my legs moving through June?

I would also love to hear about the races you are running this spring, so please share!

XO,

12 Responses to “The Spring Race Series”

1. Nicole March 27, 2012 at 11:11 pm #

I feel like we haven’t been talking much this week! I’m so busy at work and I’m sure you are too. I read this post and it made me think of little comments for each event.

Rock the parkway-I know I’m jealous of your VIP status! I mean who else gets VIP potties and parking?! I bet it comes in very handy.

Kansas Half Marathon-Pacing! You will be an amazing pacer. I know you have gotten me through some really tough runs and will do the same for anyone running with you. We will be pacing on the exact same day for approximately 55 minutes! Your race begins at 7:30 central time and my race begins at 6:30 pacific time, so once you hit that one hour mark my pacing group will just be crossing the starting line. I think that is pretty awesome! Also, I know you won’t be partying hard for your birthday, but 6 days after the race we will be partying in VEGAS!! We can dedicate Friday night to your/Katie’s birthday’s!

Chicagoland Marathon-This will be a fun race…besides the looped course. And helping Diana achieve the BQ will be amazing.

HOSPITAL HILL-I’m looking forward to this one the most. One week until the wedding! Fun wedding themed running attire!! Hopefully setting a new PR. I think I might need a little help with this one. Goal is to beat 1:50:42-it’s achievable. Then I feel like it’s my last Saturday in KC single by myself (Kellee flies in on Monday) maybe we should celebrate this! 😉 Let loose at little

Hope you’re having a good week. I was just thinking this morning I was hoping you would blog. I would love a fashion friday! We just got a new Dick’s Sporting Goods in San Luis Obispo and they have those compression shorts…I don’t get it. I thought they were supposed to be a base layer then I see all these girls out running with nothing over them. I would love some insight!

Nicole

• Katie March 28, 2012 at 8:06 am #

For real you need this shirt and I think the race would be the perfect place to wear it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shirt-Tank-got-one-marriage-humor-funny-bride-groom-wedding-matromony-/290669083917 with of course a veil or other gaudy bridal items. We have so much to celebrate in Vegas and now its less than a month away!!

Ali, I envy your running ability. I did one half over a year ago and can’t seem to get myself to train for another. Maybe I just need some new friends that like to run so I’m not always by myself .

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) March 28, 2012 at 8:33 am #

Friends to run with make a HUGE difference!!! I keep meaning to blog about how much a support group does for you. They are the best, and help get you out of bed and on the road!

Cannot wait until Vegas!!!! I forgot that we have almost the same birthday!!!!!

2. Nicole March 27, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

I feel like I wrote you an email via blog comment! Sorry I wrote so much! I just had some much to say. I’m having an envelope crisis and trying to avoid it via blog posts!
    Love you!!!

3. Linz March 28, 2012 at 7:02 am #

Holy cow that IS ambitious!! I know you’ll rock all of them though and you’ll be able to say “I ran four crazy long races in two short months – holla!” I’m sure you’ll say that exact thing. Haha. That’s awesome, girl! Go you!

4. Corey March 28, 2012 at 7:52 am #

Looks like a good line-up! Going after PR’s or running for fun/training runs on all those 1/2’s? Looking forward to reading all about them!

5. Stacy March 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Ali,
    I am happy to say I am going to share some of these races with you. I know you will ROCK the Parkway. You are running strong. Pacing together will be so much fun. It’s a whole new experience. It’s very cool to see the excitement on the faces of the runners who have met their goal. I am stressed for you and DI with these course changes, but I know it’s going to be a great run. I will be there in some way shape or form. Maybe you can wear a blue tooth. I signed up for Hospital Hill today. I WILL NOT, I REPEAT, WILL NOT be wearing a tutu. I will celebrate Nicole, but I would rather run in my wedding dress than another tutu. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your mornings with me. Best of luck for your Spring races.
    Stacy

6. Kara Osborne March 29, 2012 at 10:14 am #

I’ve signed up for my first half marathon – the Goodlife Fitness Toronto Marathon. It’s May 6th and I am both slightly freaked out and really excited. I’m still not fast but training is going good so far 🙂

Good luck with all your races!
    Kara

7. Heather Montgomery (@runningwithsass) March 29, 2012 at 11:13 am #

sound slike you have a good schedule. I wish it stayed cool enough here to run halfs and fulls that late into summer!

8. Josie April 1, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

That sounds like a cool race schedule! I have never been a pacer- I am interested to hear about your experiences! I think I would be really nervous for some reason.

Good luck for your races… I love reading about the everyone’s racing seasons ahead, its inspiring 🙂

9. Lindsey Finger April 3, 2012 at 10:25 am #

I have been busy and have lacked on my reading of your blog. I loved this post, you are such a funny writer and are so fun to read. Good luck in all your races 🙂 I’ve been running more and more outdoors and continue to surprise myself with times and longer distances, and always when I’m trucking up the last hill I chant in my head “you can do this, Ali does this all the time!” 🙂 –Lindsey