#Dedication

10 May

The last couple weeks have been crazy. But crazy in a good way. My travel schedule has taken me to Vegas, and the Kentucky Derby on back to back weekends (actually with only a day in between).

Although I love my busy schedule, it posed an issue in getting in my last 20 mile run before my Marathon on May 20th. After going through all my options, it was determined that the only option for running my 20 miler would be doing it before work. Ouch.

Lucky for me, running buddy Diana was also in the same predicament as I was, and would be running the 20 miler with me. Her too, before work.

Wednesday afternoon I created us a route, as well as a water plan. If the route panned out perfectly, we would have a great 20 m mile course around Lee’s Summit.

Wednesday evening it was early to bed (ok, not as early as it should have been…..), and I set my alarm for well before the crack of dawn.

Thursday morning came much too quickly. And by 4:15 I was out the door to begin our 20 mile adventure.

We planned our run to have two water stops at Quick Trip. This was the perfect plan. We were able to refuel on our GU, and get ice water and Gatorade. I was praying I didn’t run into anyone I knew…seeing that our second water stop was in the middle of the morning rush. Good news – I saw no one!

By 7:40am, our run was over. We rocked it, and most importantly had FUN.

By 8:30am, I was out the door for work.

I got bangs!

By 9:00, I was at my desk

By 9:45am, I was ready for a BIG nap ๐Ÿ™‚

And all day, I felt like a total bad ass. I mean, how many crazy people run 20 miles before work?!

Have you had a #Dedication moment recently? Or an accomplishment you would like to brag about? If so…let me have it!!

XO,

7 Responses to “#Dedication”

1. Heather Iacobacci (@hriacobacci) May 10, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Ok seriously – THAT is major dedication!!! You totally deserve to feel like a major badass!

2. Jocelyn May 10, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Congrats on 20 before work! Go girl!!

3. Anonymous May 10, 2012 at 9:30 am #

YOU ROCK!!!! Way to go!!

4. krissy m. murphy May 10, 2012 at 9:40 am #

TOO amazing! You are an inspiration!

5. Lindsey Finger May 10, 2012 at 11:18 am #

Woohoo! Way to go, Ali! You’re amazing in a million aspects, one being I know no one who looks as cute as you after rocking 20 miles! See you soon, Lindsey

6. Corey May 11, 2012 at 9:13 am #

Seriously, 20 miles before work is hard core! I love those striped tempo shorts too. I only wish I could look halfway that cute at 4:15 in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Marwan November 20, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

Would you happen to have any falimy photo’s that were taken in Sterling that you would be willing to share? I live in Sterling and am interested in the history. Any photo’s that also include buildings are of interest.I remember your Aunt Francis and Uncle Dugan and Butch, they lived down the road from me when I was growing up.