A Marathon Pre-Party

17 May

Last night, Stacy held a little marathon pre-party for Diana and I.

The party was to include dinner, dessert and some motivational speeches. The attendees were Stacy, Diana and my Mom.

My contribution was super yummy cupcakes!!

When Diana walked through the door, I about died.

hilarious!!!

See that hanging out of her backpack? Yep, it is a pacer stick for me. She actually used a bamboo stick and constructed this lovely thing. Only problem was that the stick says 3:43…apparently she missed the memo that our goal time is actually a 3:42!!

Following an awesome dinner, it was time for gifts. Obviously the best part of the evening.

I gave Stacy and Diana gift cards to beauty brands for post-race pedis. And Diana gave Coach Stacy (she has coached us basically the past year) new sandals, which will look awesome with her pedicure!

Then it was Stacy’s turn…

After reading the sweetest letter to Diana and I (the tears were flowing), she brought out some gifts.

In the gift was a copy of the super sweet letter, which included some pretty awesome quotes,

a pace band for our race,

Get yours at races2remember.com

some seriously kick ass socks that I have been wishing for,

These totally have a double meaning.

and most excitingly, custom made Miles with Style shirts!!!!!!!

“We put the RUN in Runway”
“No Limits, No Regrets, That’s my STYLE”

These shirts are freaking amazing. I was in shock!!! I had NO idea that Stacy, my Mom, and my Aunt Holly had been working on these things. They are exactly what I would have had made, should I had been making myself.

After putting on the shirt and modeling for the group, I got another surprise…..

It was better than Christmas!!!

See all of those shirts?? In total, 35 shirts were made. The shirts have a specific point, which was explained to me. And I love it so much. There will be much more to come with what the plan is for these beauties. So please stay tuned. Perhaps you will receive one someday very soon πŸ™‚

All in all, it was the perfect evening. And just what we needed to lift up our spirits and give us a little boost.

Supporting us through everything we do!

Can you spy my new Lululemon skirt?!? I LOVE IT!

I am so fortunate to have these people in my life. Everyday isn’t easy, but with the help of my family and friends I make it through. Thank you to everyone who loves me, supports me and encourages me. It means more than you even know.

XOXO,

16 Responses to “A Marathon Pre-Party”

1. Nicole May 17, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

Woohoo!! Love the shirts! And that pacing stick is amazing! When I was a pacer my pacing partner had our stick stick out of his backpack just like that. You both are going to do amazing and of course look amazing too! Good luck with the 3:42!! I can’t wait to hear all about every mile!

2. jennifershere May 17, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

That is AWESOME!!! What fantastic support!

3. Andrea May 17, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

I LOVE the shirts! What a great way to support your blog! Good luck to both you and Diana!

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) May 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

Thank you, Andrea!!!! I hope you enjoy your shirt πŸ˜‰

• Andrea May 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

I will be wearing mine tomorrow! Promoting! πŸ™‚

4. Lindsey Finger May 17, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

This post almost made me cry and I’m not even involved…you truly have the best support system/running buddies/friends! I die for those shirts, so cute. As always – best of luck on Sunday! I love you!!!!!!!

• mileswithstyle (@ahatfield08) May 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

Thank you, Lindsey!!!! I cannot wait to write my post race blog. I am so anxious and nervous already!!!

Love you!!!!

5. Jocelyn May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

Good Luck this weekend!!! Also WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE SHIRTS MADE?? LOVE!!

Ps – who is this Lindsay Finger person? She sounds horrible πŸ™‚

6. Pavement Runner (@PavementRunner) May 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

Those shirts rock! and your friends do to. Have a great race. Trust your training and of course: Run Strong, Finish Stronger.

7. Daphne @ Candy Coated Runner May 17, 2012 at 3:16 pm #

Those shirts are super cute! Good luck on Sunday!

8. runcupcake May 17, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

That is an amazing show of support! Have a great race, best of luck to you!!!!

9. Heidi Henry (@BananaBuzzbomb) May 17, 2012 at 5:14 pm #

What a great support crew. And I absolutely love your shirts! Too cute.

10. StoriesAndSweetPotatoes May 17, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

So nice! All that support (and those awesome shirts) will give you a boost!

11. Emily May 18, 2012 at 8:43 am #

You are going to be an amazing pacer and friend this weekend!!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. What’s Your STYLE? « miles with style - July 2, 2012

[…] word of my blog, and thought these shirts would be a great way to do so. As I had mentioned in a previous post, I received 35 Miles with Style shirts (holy cow!!!), and I have been waiting to pass them out. […]