NYC Marathon Training – Week One

6 Aug

Last Monday, I officially kicked off my NYC Marathon Training.

My Dad is my official “Coach”, which is scary…but I know he will take care of me and help me run my goal of a sub 3:30 marathon.

Each Sunday, he hands me a training schedule. I then review it, have a minor panic attack, and figure out how it will get done.

Week One

Week one of training looked like this:

Monday – 5 miles easy, 8:40 pace

Tuesday – 1.5 mile warm up (Garmin malfunction), 4 miles tempo – 7:45, 7:14, 7:05, 7:13, .5 mile cooldown. 7:49 overall pace.

Wednesday – TRX, 3 mile run following TRX, 9:16 pace

Thursday – VERY HOT run!! Thunderstorms in the AM meant a 100 degree run in the PM. 4 miles, 8:20 pace.

Friday – Off

Saturday – First long run of NYC Training, 12.25 miles at the trail, 8:58 pace.

Sunday – Was supposed to be 6 miles, but I slacked off due to a Saturday night Bachelorette Party. Not sure my “Coach” understood…

Total miles for week: 30 Miles

Each Sunday/Monday, I plan to post my previous week training. All tips and tricks for marathon training are welcome!

xoxo,

P.S. Follow #AliRunsNYC on Twitter to see all my updates! (Yes, I am trying to create my own hashtag!)

10 Responses to “NYC Marathon Training – Week One”

1. Anonymous August 6, 2012 at 11:30 am #

I love the hashtag idea! I will tweet it like crazy! Can’t wait to run 10 together on Saturday – I think we should do the bridge, I’m sure you will run it earlier in the week but I think it would still be fun!

• Anonymous August 6, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Oops! Forgot to say who I am! It’s me, I’m Nicole!! Hehehe!

• mileswithstyle (@AliHatfield) August 6, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Sounds perfect!!! I cannot wait to run with you!

2. Holly August 6, 2012 at 11:42 am #

I love that your dad is you coach!!! Dad’s love to push us, don’t they!? 🙂 Good luck with your training, look forward to following along on your blog and on twitter!

3. Daphne @ Candy Coated Runner August 6, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

Nice first week! Posting your training is a great way to stay accountable, perhaps I should try that, haha!

4. Andrea August 6, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

Love hearing your thoughts. Also, what you do to train. Helps those of us who are lost and confused. Keep up the great work!!!

5. Jenn @BeYOUatBeMe August 6, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

Awesome! I look forward to reading more on your journey : )

6. Lindsey August 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

I was going to say that you are even more amazing than you already are if you actually ran those 6 miles after Kara’s party… I didn’t feel human until that evening. (can you tell I am catching up on my “Ali Blog” this afternoon?) 🙂