Help Wanted: The Perfect Playlist

5 Dec

Hi friends!

I am happy to announce that I am feeling much better than I was yesterday when I posted about being sick and miserable. It seems that I have turned the corner and I am now on the road to recovery. I actually got out this morning and ran 4 miles, which felt incredible.

Anyway…onto the point of this post.

I have decided that I will wear my iPod in the Dallas Marathon. I am not usually an iPod wearer in races, but this time around, I will be. First of all, I have no buddies to run with me and I might get a little lonely. Secondly, I think I will need the added motivation when I get to the hard miles. I have a big goal ahead of me, and will need all the extra help I can have to get me there!

So this is where I need your help.

I want YOU to give me songs to put on my perfect playlist.

It could be your favorite workout song, our favorite song together, or a song that you would just like me to listen to.

You can comment on this post with your song (please include your name if you want some credit), text it to me, tweet it, or Facebook it. I only ask that it’s upbeat and will take some of the 26.2 miles of pain off my mind!

(Last year, I saw Meggie do this before she ran a marathon and I thought it was genius. I told myself that I would totally be copying her idea when the time arrived. Thanks for the idea, Meggie!)

I look forward to hearing your choices and being able to think about you as I am conquering this race!!!

As always, thanks for the support!!

NOW….GO!!!!!!

xoxo

28 Responses to “Help Wanted: The Perfect Playlist”

1. Laurie G. December 5, 2012 at 6:19 pm #

“Tempus Fugit” by Yes…very upbeat

2. Anonymous December 5, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

I always liked working out to “I’m so excited” by the Pointer Sisters, but then I heard Jessie Spano do it on Saved by the Bell and I didn’t like it as much anymore. May want to check this out! http://vimeo.com/10181671

3. valentine18 December 5, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

Ummm…I don’t know why but this blog post got me very excited to think of songs for you!
    And I clicked on your Meggie linked looked around and she had a funny little note about Usher and confessions so my request/suggestion are listed below:
    •Usher – Confessions
    •Apple Bottom Jeans
    •Eminem song – lose yourself
    •Mariah – All I want for Christmas is you
    •Justin Beiber – girlfriend
    •Britney – 1,2,3 or that one where she says ‘it’s brittany bitch’ oooo or the new one that just came out with will.i.am – or just anything by miss spears
    •The Christina A songer about a Fighter
    •Ok I am bad with names but there is this rap song that’s chosur is ‘breathe in, breathe out’ that’s all I can remember but it’s a goody
    •I stole these all from Meggie’s blog post: Moves Like Jagger (Maroon 5), Push It (Salt n Peppa), Remix Ignition (R. Kelly), Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley), Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO), I Will Survive (CAKE)
    •California Girls – Katy Perry

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head but I’m sure I will fb/tweet you more later!

Glad you’re feeling better!!

Be proud of the hard work you have put in this training process, you’re an inspiration!
    Love you,
    N

4. hollis weishar December 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm #

girl on fire alicia keys!!!!! will look for others if time, pressed right now

________________________________

5. hollis weishar December 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm #

firework katy perry

________________________________

6. Emily December 5, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

Taylor Swift “we are never getting back together”

7. supergenericgirl December 5, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

Florence & The Machine’s “Dog Days are Over” always gets me running just a little bit faster! 🙂

8. Hollis Weishar December 5, 2012 at 8:46 pm #

Pound the alarm for those Hills nicki ménage

Sent from my iPhone

9. Hollis Weishar December 5, 2012 at 8:48 pm #

Donna summer is good….Dim all the lights!

Sent from my iPhone

10. Hollis Weishar December 5, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

Stronger Kelly clarkson

Sent from my iPhone

11. Hollis Weishar December 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

Brighter than the sun calliet calliet

Sent from my iPhone

12. Hollis Weishar December 5, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

Sexy back (for nick Marzullo)

Sent from my iPhone

13. Nancy Hatfield December 5, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

On a serious note, Lady A: Perfect Day, Friday Night, and of course, I Run to You!!

14. Candi December 5, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

Black Eyed Peas – Pump It

15. Tera December 5, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

Britney Spears Circus is a great one!

16. Julia Sanderson December 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

“Are You Gonna Go My Way?” By Lenny Kravitz

“Part of Me” by Katy Perry

“Push It” by Garbage

“Feel the Love” by Rudimental

“Numb” by Usher

“Catch My Breath” by Kelly Clarkson

“50 Ways to Say Goodbye” by Train

“Human” and “Somebody Told Me” by the Killers

“All Fired Up” by Pat Benatar

These do wonders for me during tough spots.

Go kick it, girl!

17. joe h December 6, 2012 at 8:16 am #

all in a day by joe strummer and the mescaleros

18. Brittney December 6, 2012 at 9:22 am #

There’s a lot of good Coldplay songs for running. I used “Lovers in Japan” for my marathon (one of my favs), and like a lot of the songs on the new album for running too- “Charlie Brown” and “Don’t Let it Break Your Heart” are both great. I also like the song “Just Say Yes” by Snow Patrol for running. And anything by AC/DC (especially Thunderstruck). Good luck!!

19. Steph Runs On December 6, 2012 at 9:24 am #

I always love adding new music to my playlist, so I’m going to keep stalking this post for ideas. Some of my current faves are:
    All Night Longer, by Sammy Adams
    Some Nights, by Fun
    Girl on Fire, by Alicia Keys

20. Stephanie H December 6, 2012 at 9:58 am #

One song that keeps me motivated on long runs is Superchick “One More” and most songs by Fun.

21. whitneyyadrich December 6, 2012 at 10:32 am #

Anything Skrillex. If you’re feeling angry, try Chevelle. I like Jay-Z while I’m working out, too.

• Sean M December 6, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

I can’t do the Jay-Z but I agree with the Skrillex. Mostly anything that has a hard dance beat is great to run to. I grabbed some stuff off the Tron soundtrack by Daft Punk and ran the Route 66 marathon. It really just helps me keep a beat without having to think too much about the music! LOL

22. Jason December 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

Just made my Dallas Marathon playlist this week, here are a few that work for me and might help you in the rough miles:
    “Feel So Close” -Calvin Harris
    “Clique” Kayne, Jay Z, Big Sean
    “Let’s Go” Ne yo feat Calving Harris
    “Glad you Came” The Wanted
    “We Found Love” Rhianna
    “Eye of the Tiger” Survivor
    “Wana Be Starting Something” Michael Jackson
    “I love Rock N Roll” Joan Jett
    “Paid In Full” Eric B and Rakim
    “”N—-s in Paris” Jay Z feat Kayne
    “Ball” TI feat Lil Wayne

Good luck on Sunday!

23. Sean M December 6, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

I have a post on what I listen to here: http://seeseanrun.com/the-one-where-i-play-music/

I’ve added a couple of other songs from MuteMath and some Daft Punk techno stuff. Mostly I look for a beat that I can match my stride with. I’m mostly into some alternative so I hope some of this will help.

I have a subscription to Rdio.com so I use a huge list I put together on the site.

24. phil December 6, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

Definitely anything Daft Punk. “Around The World” would be good.
    Chemical Brothers – “Wonders of the Deep”
    Justice – “New Lands”
    Deadmau5 – “Some Chords”
    And you have to fit in M83 – “Outro” somewhere in there. I’m 93% certain it’s what heaven sounds like.

25. 3bchristmas January 9, 2013 at 5:44 pm #

Have you ever checked out Rock My Run? http://www.rockmyrun.com/ I LOVE some of their mixes and they are super upbeat. I listened to my iPod through the hard miles of my first marathon.