Hospital Hill Blogging Team

23 Jan

A BIG hello to my new friends, and welcome to Miles with Style!

My name is Ali, and I have been blogging for about a year and a half. Recently, I was given to opportunity to be an official blogger for Kansas City’s most famous half marathon – Hospital Hill. I am so excited for this opportunity, and look forward to meeting all of the fans of Hospital Hill, and runners preparing for the race.

So who is Ali at Miles with Style? Well sit back and relax, because you’re about to find out!

I am Ali, a 26 year old girl living up life in Kansas City, MO. I have lived in Kansas City my entire life, and boy do I love this city.

I have been an avid runner for almost 15 years, and running is pretty much my “thing”. I find running to be the most therapeutic and relaxing activity in my life. It is also my constant – as it is always there for me. And while every mile I run might not be easy, it is always worth it!

Dallas Marathon 2012

I love to race, and as of last December, I may proudly say that I have completed three marathons! This spring, I will make it four at one of my dream races – The Boston Marathon.

Aside from my marathons, I have completed 7 half marathons (included Hospital Hill!), a few 10k’s and a ton of 5k’s. And my favorite city to race in continues to be Kansas City! I find our downtown stunning to run through – which also offers a nice distraction from the pain we are feeling during those hard miles!

I take advantage of any opportunity I have to run a race (in a tutu whenever possible!), and always love to tell the stories from each on my blog.

Hospital Hill 2012 – The Bride and Maid of Honor.

Although running continues to be a huge part of my life, there is so much more that I love to do and experience. I have been so fortunate to be blessed with amazing friends and family. Without them, I wouldn’t be the person I am today.

Mom and Dad

Traveling is another huge passion in my life. I believe in always living a balanced life, and strive to follow a “work hard, play hard” approach. And any chance I get to travel – I take!!

San Fran 2012 with best friends and wine

San Fran 2012 with my boyfriend

Kentucky Derby 2012

NYC Marathon 2012

Throughout my Hospital Hill blogging experience, I plan to share tips and advice for all aspects of your training.

Long runs, speed work, fuel, etc. – I will cover it! And if I don’t cover something you would like to hear about, go ahead and ask! After all, my favorite kind of talk is always run talk!

Feel free to send me questions via email (to the right), tweet me, or Facebook me! I will be writing posts about Hospital Hill every two weeks, but my regular blog posts about all things running, fitness and life will be posted weekly.

You may also catch me at the following places:

Twitter: @Alihatfield
Instagram: AliHat
Facebook: facebook.com/mileswithstyle

Until next time – take care and keep on running.

xoxo,

11 Responses to “Hospital Hill Blogging Team”

1. Nicole January 23, 2013 at 11:41 pm #

Can’t wait to here about all things Hospital Hill!! Wish I could run this race with you again this year.

2. Sean M January 24, 2013 at 9:07 am #

I’m going to miss Hospital Hill but I will definitely be there for the KC Marathon in October. It’s a long shot, but hopefully I’ll run into you and get to say hi!

And if you ever come to Okc to run the Memorial, make sure you let me know. We have a great running club that always welcomes out of town guests.

Good luck with Hospital Hill

• mileswithstyle (@AliHatfield) January 24, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Hey Sean!! KC Marathon is a GREAT race!! I will for sure be there, hopefully running the half! I would love to be a pacer for that race, but waiting to hear back if I was chosen.

I have heard the OKC race is awesome. Someday I will venture down there!

Thanks for the comment and have a great Thursday!

• Sean M January 24, 2013 at 10:18 am #

It would be great if you paced KC. I hear the hills are brutal though! But I still look forward to it. I’ll be running with a friend who is attempting his first marathon.

3. abbylivenlaugh January 24, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Congrats on being a Hospital Hill blogger Ali!!! That’s so awesome. Love the pic of you at the Derby too:) Super cute!

4. krissy m. murphy January 24, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

What an awesome opportunity! Hope to join you there in the future! 😉

5. Paul Walstrom January 26, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

Hey, I sort of know you! (Think “never-ending database project…”). Nice blog — you’re an entertaining and inspiring writer. I started running again this past summer, for the first time since high school. And since I turned 50 over the summer I decided I would run “50 competitive K’s” before my next birthday. I’ll be halfway there after tomorrow’s Groundhog Run (my fifth 5K), and I’m signed up for “The Hill” to be my first 10K. Nice job, I look forward to more of your writing.

• mileswithstyle (@AliHatfield) January 26, 2013 at 6:35 pm #

Haha hey Paul!!! That first sentence made me laugh. Glad you stumbled upon the blog. I am so impressed by the 50 competitive K challenge! That is awesome. The Hill is a great 10k and overall race. I love the energy and support KC gives it. I think it’s even better than the KC marathon. Good luck training. And perhaps I will see you at the office…we are there every Friday 🙂

• Nancy November 23, 2013 at 5:55 am #

Emma,10 In regards to Oscar, I think that most tordleds are picky at some point. I think all parents of tordleds would say that some days they eat quite a bit, and then the next day they eat nothing. Feeding a toddler can be frustrating. It sounds like you are trying really hard and doing a great job Emma. Even if he is stuck on certain things, just keep adding healthy things to his plate that he doesn’t like and don’t stress about if he eats it or not, and someday he will! Even if Betty is picky about textures, I bet that if you experiment enough, you will find really healthy things that she will eat, even if she doesn’t like a lot of foods still. OH, and if she is weird about textures, you may try mixing her veggies into her smoothie with the fruits to h elp with getting used to the taste. Gabe definitely has a pickier personality, but I don’t stress too much over it, because there are a lot of healthy foods he will eat. OKay, now I am rambling, but all you can do is your best in the situation, and you are great!Wendy,I’ve always been impressed with how you feed your kids! I love the idea of the veggie/cheese/bread/nut tray. That would be such an easy thing to do for summer. Throw on some almonds, blueberries, hummus, veggies, and bread. I am so doing that, and I bet if the kids help put it together, they would love that too!!

• auto insurane rates May 18, 2015 at 2:35 am #

Full of salient points. Don’t stop believing or writing!