Marvelous Mondays – January 28th 2013

28 Jan

Happy MONDAY!!!

Did you have a good weekend? I sure did! DEG company party, long run, dinner with cousins, super workout Sunday, and meal planning made my weekend awesome.

This week I have a few things to be excited about. Here we go!

Overnight Oats

I did my first experiment with overnight oats last night. I did layers of plain greek yogurt, oats, bananas and strawberries, then poured almond milk and chia seeds on top.

Before and After.

Before and After.

I was a little nervous to try it this AM, but was pleasantly surprised by how yummy they were. I can’t wait to change up the combo tomorrow and try something else new! I hope to figure out a couple different recipes and post them here.

8 Minute Abs

Yesterday I started doing 8 Minute Abs again. I am going to Florida in a couple weeks, and need my stomach to be ready!

I have been doing the 8 Minute Abs workout for years. Seriously…my BFF Nicole and I used to do this workout from a VHS tape. And I totally had a 6 pack (I was also 15 years old and weighed 98 pounds..of course I had a 6 pack).

I am obsessed with the 90's people in the videos.

I am obsessed with the 90’s people in the videos.

I will try to post progress pics the next few weeks of the abs. Please disregard the tired face.

Cousins Dinner

I am still randomly giggling over dinner with my cousins on Saturday night.

We went to Ponaks, which I believe to be the best Mexican in KC, MO. And most awesome of all during the dinner?? My cousin Erica let me put on her engagement ring!!!! OMG I am obsessed!!!!

Soooo pretty!

Soooo pretty!

—————————————–

What are you looking forward to this week?

And what super fun things did you do last weekend?

xoxo!

8 Responses to “Marvelous Mondays – January 28th 2013”

1. Nicole January 28, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Ummmmm I LOVE 8 minute abs! Really you weighed 98 pounds in HS?!?! I think I weighed that much in 6th grade possibly! I’m glad that breaky was good because it doesn’t look that good – but I’ll take your word on it – maybe I need to try some of those seeds. I can’t believe you stated there was a better mexican place in KC that is not LaFuentes!! Hehehe!! Lovin the ring pic!

2. krissy m. murphy January 28, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

Don’t tease us with diamond pics, lol! 😉

I need to look into this 8 minute abs biz…hehe!!

3. Luv What You Do January 28, 2013 at 9:59 pm #

I totally had that on VHS but I think I only did it once (which prob explains why I’ve never had a 6 pack…ha ha!)

4. Bri January 29, 2013 at 9:18 am #

Oh my god, I used to do 8 min abs & 8 min buns… those were SO hard! And i def. didn’t have a six pack.

5. Steph Runs On January 29, 2013 at 11:23 am #

I like the sound of an 8 minute ab workout, that’s probably all the attention span I would have for it.

6. Amy January 29, 2013 at 11:50 am #

I had a Buns of Steel VHS, and I’m pretty sure it was the same guy! I’m trying to get my abs in shape too. I hate that it used to be so much easier 10 years ago!

7. A foodie guy with great taste in food! January 29, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

I beg to differ on Ponaks being the best mexican food town! Sorry it is pretty americanized and mediocre. It also depends on what is mexican food we are talking about here. Taqueria (just street tacos) or other dinner items.

Being extremely foodie (street food to Michelin stars), supporter of local places and always like to explore new food places in town, I think my palette is pretty good to say what is a good food and what is mediocre food. I am still learning so I would admit that!

You want to know the best mexican places to eat in town?
    1) Taco Express on Independence Ave :
    You may not like the area and decor inside the place as it is pretty shady but hands down they make the best tacos in town. Period! – “Al pastor” meat in corn tacos with mexican style (onions and cilantros) and add that green guacamole spicy sauce! And get a glass of horchata! You would be in bliss! My absolutely number 1 choice if I crave mexican food!

2) Dos De Oros Taqueria :
    Not the restaurant but taqueria across the street. Blue Ridge and Holmes. Same concept of tacos. Second best in tacos!

3) Fridas Restaurant :
    Not the taco place across Sprint campus but actual restaurant in overland park. Imagine an Italian designer married to a Mexican! I think Frida’s offers fine dining of what a contemporary mexican food should be in town! It is mostly a sit down dinner place. Chile en Nogada is my favorite! Just yummy! I tried that in Mexico also and I thought Frida’s was much better! I did not like their new taco place across sprint campus. Too mediocre.

4) Tarahumara Mexican Restaurant:
    They moved from Lenexa to Merriam. But they have the best Chihuahua style mexican food that even my friend’s wife from Chihuahua thought that is the closest to chihuahua style. I am not sure what the Merriam place is now as it is mostly takeout I heard. Chile Verde is good!

Remember the general rule of thumb for a good mexican place: Anything with smothering of cheese is mostly americanized. The place need to serve Horchata and Al Pastor! The place where mostly local hispanic eat and watch mexican soap tv shows! Anything too much decorated is mostly americanized.

I have also been to Mexico and eaten local food there so I am also comparing with that as well. I tried few mexican places on Southwest Blvd but they don’t come close to what I feel is a great mexican place to eat.

May be I sound little snobbish here but I think a great food is a great food and one should embrace and support the places which makes good food.

8. firosettomo@gmail.com March 27, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

Well, honestly the prompt to the integrated writing in the TOEFL will be as follows:. Don’t provide them with the satisfaction: get things just before they start pointing and you will have the last laugh.