Loving Love

14 Feb

Happy Valentines Day!

I love this day. I always have.

When I was in school I would look forward to making my Valentines Day box and delivering my valentines to all my classmates. What can I say, I love love.

The past few months I have thought a lot about relationships. What makes them good, what makes them bad, what makes them life long, and what makes them short lived.

Rarely do I really talk about “love” on this blog, and never have I offered up advice on this topic. But since it is Valentines Day, I feel like I can share my opinion on the subject.

So here we go.

When you are in a relationship with the right person, you know it. I remember hearing this many years ago and thinking, “surely it is not that easy!”, well I think it is.

I have also discovered that when you are in a relationship with the right person, you will both end up being better people because of it.

I have flaws, we all do. My biggest flaw (in my opinion, so let’s not offer up other suggestions!) is anxiety. I have known a life of worrying and feeling anxious for so many years that I didn’t ever know I could live without it. This anxiety has caused me to experience horrible heartburn, stomach aches and hair loss over the years. I never imagined I could go one day without having some kind of anxious feeling or worry. But now, I do.

In my previous relationships I would be happy, but still have my nagging anxiety present in the background. It was like a cloud over everything. Constant worry and stress about what could be coming, and things that had previously happened occurring again.

Nowadays, I no longer struggle with the constant anxiety and stress that I once thought would always be a part of my life. It was like one day I woke up and POOF! the lingering cloud had moved on. The cloud that I thought I would always live under was gone.

Living “cloud free” has been amazing. And I know exactly what I can attribute this to. The best decision I have ever made was saying “yes” to a dinner invitation from someone I had known for awhile but never took that next step with. Since saying “yes”, my life has been happy and complete and I am a better person because of him.

I foresee bright sunshiny days ahead with him.

I foresee bright sunshiny days ahead with him.

If you are unsure of your relationship, or where your love life is taking you, I ask you to consider if this current situation is making you a better person. I also ask you to think about your biggest flaw, and whether or not the person you are with fixes the flaw, or makes it even worse.

Had someone offered up this advice many years ago – and I actually listened to it – I could’ve saved a lot of money on nexium and hair loss shampoo.

Happy Valentines Day friends, I hope your day is as full of love as mine has been 🙂

xoxoxo,

13 Responses to “Loving Love”

1. Ramsey Mohsen February 14, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

i love you with all my heart.

2. Karla (@runoneaglewings) February 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

I agree!! Great post! Soooo glad you are so happy & in Love!!

3. krissy m. murphy February 14, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

You two are the sweetest. I love your love hehehe ❤

Happy valentines day!!!!!!!!

4. Allison February 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

Great post Ali!! I agree with every word! All our worries melt away when we are in the arms of the one we love and are loved in return! You two make a beautiful couple!

5. RunningValentine February 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm #

Wow this must be one pretty special guy!! Because I’m thankful for him too – your anxiety was sometimes stressful for me – there are only so many cliffs we can walk away from and only so many times we can stop stalker calling people. Thank you Mr. Wonderful for making my BFF so very happy! Love you both, I hope you enjoy my day!! <—Hehehehe! Get it! I've wanted to say that all day. Ok have a amazing day!

6. Nancy Hat. February 14, 2013 at 6:37 pm #

I Love LOVE! And I love you and Ram! Happy Valentine’s Day from your Dad and I – and Lola too, of course!

7. Lindsey February 18, 2013 at 9:29 am #

Awl, I loved this post. I am so happy for you! I am so happy that RamRam makes you feel the way you do, and that you make RamRam feel awesome as well. (I also love that I can call Ramsey “RamRam” :))

8. google api console March 28, 2014 at 12:41 am #

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more
    than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and all.
    But think of if you added some great pictures or video clips to give your posts more,
    “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and
    clips, this blog could definitely be one of the very best in its
    field. Great blog!

9. casino spill April 17, 2014 at 2:24 pm #

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you
    knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically
    tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
    some time and was hoping maybe you would have
    some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

10. used cars miami June 12, 2014 at 3:28 am #

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right.
    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much
    time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

11. re.vu December 8, 2015 at 2:19 pm #

CSR Classics is simple to play but very difficult because it requires timing
    plous concentration to win towards one of the bext racers.

12. online.grand-ptc.ru January 13, 2016 at 6:06 pm #

With thhe intentiokn to begin generating the
    cash, the gamers need to first obtain the Pixel Gun 3D coin crack software program.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Being the best version of YOU. | miles with style - November 13, 2013

[…] If you are unhappy with your relationships, strive to make new ones or let old ones go (I wrote about this specific item earlier this year) […]