Boston Marathon Training – Week 5 (& Vacation Pics!)

18 Feb

WHEW another week of training is COMPLETE!

This week was a little tricky, because I went on vacation. I love to travel, and hate it when training gets in the way of enjoying my time. Therefore my policy is always to put fun first, and training second. I run when I can, and when I feel like it. And if it doesn’t happen, I don’t freak out.

That being said, I am shocked by how well I did!

• 28 miles
  • 04:25 time
  • 3187 calories
  • 6 workouts

I started my week off Monday morning with spin and 4 miles on the treadmill. Tuesday was a 5 mile run with my friends.

Then vacation began. Oh happy day.

St. Petersburg beaches

St. Petersburg beaches

I started Wednesday morning with a 6 mile run along the palm tree lined roads, wearing a tank top. Wow, it was amazing.

I forgot what it felt like to run in the warm air, and I forgot how much I enjoy it (I say this now, but will surely be complaining come June, hehe)!

Selfie in the elevator.

Selfie in the elevator.

Thursday was an off day, and Friday was an easy run with Ramsey. Saturday was another off day.

Post run smiles.

Post run smiles.

By Sunday, I was SO ready for a longer run. I walked out the door, and decided I would run until I didn’t feel like it anymore or until I ran out of time.

I made it 10 miles before I had to get back to reality. It was a glorious, head clearing 10 miles. The perfect way to spend the last few hours of vacation.

My week was awesome, but this week I need to get serious and step up my mileage. I can’t wait to share my great week with you next Monday!

Below are some photos from my amazing trip. Enjoy!

Post massage relaxation.

Post massage relaxation.

After an incredible dinner in St. Pete's.

After an incredible dinner in St. Pete’s.

Valentine's Day breakfast

Valentine’s Day breakfast

mmmmmm

mmmmmm

Valentine dinner

Valentine dinner

Drinks at the Postcard Inn

Drinks at the Postcard Inn

We always find a photobooth.

We always find a photobooth.

Lounging. (A big thank you to my boyfriend for making me feel like a model in this photo!)

Jump!

Jump!

He is so cute.

He is so cute.

I swear we have clothes on!

I swear we have clothes on!

Cheers!

Cheers!

Siesta Key.

Siesta Key.

Have a fabulous week, friends!!

7 Responses to “Boston Marathon Training – Week 5 (& Vacation Pics!)”

1. krissy m. murphy February 18, 2013 at 9:35 pm #

LOVE these pics! That model picture is SOO gorgeous, girl and you two are the CUTEST ā¤

2. Corey February 19, 2013 at 9:31 am #

I MUST know where you got the blue flower dress and the green/blue striped dress!!! Please share!!

3. thedancingrunner February 19, 2013 at 11:53 am #

Ahhh I love the vacation pics! You look fabulous. BTW I saw Kim Crawford in the store the other day and thought of you!! I will have to get a bottle to celebrate my marathon this upcoming wknd šŸ˜‰ Cheers!!

4. Raquel February 20, 2013 at 1:05 pm #

I was just there 3 weeks ago!!! And Siesta Keys is the BEST place ever…..most gorgeous beach, my fave….also got engaged there in 2010 šŸ™‚

• Josheph November 23, 2013 at 4:47 am #

Hi Mimi, I run with Prospect Park Track Club (www.PPTC.org) and I know there’s a pretty large ctoinngent of club members that run fall marathons so you’ll likely find someone to run with. If you look through the website, you can get info on the club and also on our group runs (generally Saturday 8am, Sunday 9am and Wednesday 7:15pm, all from GAP). Saturdays are usually our long days, with groups going anywhere from 6 to 20 miles once we start building up the mileage for the fall. Feel free to show up at one and introduce yourself, that’s how I ended up running with the team. I’m planning on going this Saturday, maybe I’ll see you there!Rebecca

5. fashionablemiles February 21, 2013 at 9:22 am #

I love your attitude regarding training and life–so important to keep the balance. I really do believe it makes us better runners because we appreciate the runs rather than resenting them!

Now on to a similar question as Corey asked (typical, right Corey)–I adore that ruched swimsuit–where from??

Glad y’all had a great trip!