A week in my life – day one.

12 Mar

I have decided to do a little challenge for myself. It shall be called the “week in my life” challenge.

Basically what this challenge entails is taking photos throughout the day, starting on Monday  and ending on Sunday.

Do I think you all care to see what I am doing at all times of the day? No. But do I think this challenge will help me? Yes.

You see, lately I have been having an insane amount of Jessie Spano “There’s never any time!!!!” moments. I actually yelled this phrase out to my boyfriend last week (20% joking, 80% serious). The last few weeks I have felt like I am running around with my head cut off. I don’t like this feeling at all. I don’t like to feel like I am losing control and not getting all my work (job and personal) done.

My hopes is that this challenge will show me where I am slacking in my schedule, where the inefficiencies lie, and how I can get better control of things (can you tell my job is being a project manager??). And  YOU will hold me accountable.

So let’s get started. Monday’s are my CRAZY days in life and with work. Every Monday is nothing but a flurry of tasks, and running from one place to another.

4:20am - I wake up really really early so I can run before spin class.

4:20am – I wake up really really early so I can run before spin class.

4:45am - How am I not Mayor of my gym???

4:45am – How am I not Mayor of my gym???

3 miles on the mill.

3 miles on the mill.

55 mins on the spin bike.

55 mins on the spin bike.

Get an awesome feel good text from my friend, Megan! Way to go, Megan!!!

Get an awesome feel good text from my friend, Megan! Way to go, Megan!!!

7am - Eat breakfast number one - one scoop Arbonne powder with almond milk.

7am – Eat breakfast number one – one scoop Arbonne powder with almond milk.

Pack lunch and dinner, since I will not be home until after 9pm.

Pack lunch and dinner, since I will not be home until after 9pm.

7:30am - Send an email I forgot to send on Sunday night. Oops!

7:30am – Send an email I forgot to send on Sunday night. Oops!

Cozy outfit Monday. Love my new hoodie from Target!!

Cozy outfit Monday. Love my new hoodie from Target!!

Happy feet shoes are a must on crazy Monday's.

Happy feet shoes are a must on crazy Monday’s.

8am - Leave the house, run to CVS, and rock out to Justin Beiber.

8am – Leave the house, run to CVS, and rock out to Justin Beiber.

Pick up my script and oatmeal at CVS.

Pick up my script and oatmeal at CVS.

8:37am - Get to work and think, "Why in the F is it snowing again????"

8:37am – Get to work and think, “Why in the F is it snowing again????”

8:45am - Settle into my messy desk.

8:45am – Settle into my messy desk.

9am - Froth my coffee.

9am – Froth my coffee.

10am - Eat my breakfast and download my weekend with Hannah. Hannah - "OMG Jacque ate a razor blade yesterday!" Ali - "OMG I've never been treated so rudely than I was this weekend....What is their problem? I did not cheat on her brother or their son!!!! OR do anything but decide to do what made me a happier and better person. Let's move on people....I think we have other things to exert our energy on!!!!"

10am – Eat my breakfast and download my weekend with Hannah. Hannah – “OMG Jacque ate a razor blade yesterday!” Ali – “OMG I’ve never been treated so rudely than I was this weekend….What is their problem? I did not cheat on her brother or their son!!!! OR do anything but decide to do what made me a happier and better person. Why the attitude? I am sure he is happier now too without me always being stressed out and worried! Let’s move on people….I think we have other things to exert our energy on!!!!”

11:30am - Settle back into my desk after after a morning of meetings. Also, get a fix on my Bruno and Ellie G obsession.

11:30am – Settle back into my desk after after a morning of meetings. Also, get a fix on my Bruno and Ellie G obsession.

1:30pm - Finally eat lunch in one of my meetings.

1:30pm – Finally eat lunch in one of my meetings.

4pm - Stare at my Kanban board.

4pm – Stare at my Kanban board.

4:45pm - Change my pants and shoes for GOTR practice.

4:45pm – Change my pants and shoes for GOTR practice.

5pm - Cut up my apple and finally get a chance to see my sweetie! We might work together but really never see each other unless we make it a point. In this instance, I made him come say hi!

5pm – Cut up my apple and finally get a chance to see my sweetie! We might work together but really never see each other unless we try. In this instance, I made him come say hi!

5:00-5:58pm - Drive to GOTR through terrible traffic, and chat with my Aunt. I love my bluetooth.

5:00-5:58pm – Drive to GOTR through terrible traffic, and chat with my Aunt. I love my bluetooth.

6:00-7:15pm - Girls on the Run practice! We finally went outside, but we were all frozen by the end!!!

6:00-7:15pm – Girls on the Run practice! We finally went outside, but we were all frozen by the end!!!

7:30pm-9:15pm - Go to Stacy's to watch Bachelor finale!!

7:30pm-9:15pm – Go to Stacy’s to watch Bachelor finale!!

8pm - Eat the same thing for dinner that I had for lunch...mmm?

8pm – Eat the same thing for dinner that I had for lunch…mmm?

7:30-9:15 - Work through the entire episode. Like I said, Monday's are nutty.

7:30-9:15 – Work through the entire episode. Like I said, Monday’s are nutty.

9:30pm - Go home, pack up my things for tomorrow morning. When my running group runs in the AM, I get ready for work at Stacy's house to save time. I am like a nomad.

9:30pm – Go home, pack up my things for tomorrow morning. When my running group runs in the AM, I get ready for work at Stacy’s house to save time. I am like a nomad.

10pm - Get all cozy and crawl into bed. Get caught up on Instagram and Facebook from the day. Check my personal email.

10pm – Get all cozy and crawl into bed. Get caught up on Instagram and Facebook from the day. Check my personal email.

10:30 pm - Set the alarm and prepare for another day of fun.

10:30 pm – Set the alarm and prepare for another day of fun.

Till tomorrow……

12 Responses to “A week in my life – day one.”

1. Steph March 12, 2013 at 12:06 pm #

I feel the exact same way! Maybe I shouldn’t, your day is crazy busy 😉

Anyway, I love that you are doing this and I am looking forward to the other days. I almost feel like it will help me manage my schedule too!

2. mary @ minutes per mile March 12, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

wow, that is a crazy schedule. hope tuesday is slower!

3. Corey March 12, 2013 at 12:12 pm #

Holy schmolz! That is one hellish day! I can’t believe you were still awake at 10:30! Looking forward to reading the rest of your week. And if it is as crazy everyday, I am going to go ahead and say that you are managing your time perfectly!

4. Nicole March 12, 2013 at 12:17 pm #

I feel the same way! “there is never any time” I think I need to work on my time management skills, you seem a bit more organized than I am lately. Loving all the photos!

5. Crystal Conchola March 12, 2013 at 12:28 pm #

Gosh and I thought I was busy! I think it’s amazing that you workout as much as you do with all the stuff you have to keep up with. Way to go! Makes me feel like I have no excuse to not exercise.

6. Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep March 12, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

I feel the same way every single day!!

Love your iPhone case! Where did you get it?

7. thedancingrunner March 12, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

Girl I am one of those busy bees myself! Keeps things interesting 🙂 I love your Tory flats!! And how is that chobani bite? I have been eyeing that coffee one at the store!

• mileswithstyle (@AliHatfield) March 12, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

The bites are ok…I wasnt really that crazy about them though to be totally honest. I feel like they needed more flavor. And you should blog a day of your life too 🙂 It is fun!!

8. supergenericgirl March 13, 2013 at 3:11 am #

I like this challenge idea! What I don’t like is the idea of getting up at 4:20AM! Insane!

9. Whitney March 13, 2013 at 10:18 am #

I’m so glad someone else feels like a nomad too! I’m the girl that shows up to the office everyday with multiple tote bags (normal purse, lunch bag, bag for running clothes and shoes, bag for study materials and laptop). It’s the only way to fit everything in to the day.