Seasonal Rage Disorder

27 Mar

I decided that I have recently acquired Seasonal Rage Disorder.

It is like the Seasonal Depression Disorder, only instead of having the side affects that one would think correlate to depression, I am having the side affects of someone with lots of rage. And I mean, LOTS of RAGE!!!!

The cause?

Well that is easy. It is the NEVER ENDING WINTER THAT WON’T GO AWAY!!!!!

I am always one of those people who gets so excited for the first (and even second and third) snowfalls of the season. I actually have always considered myself one of those weird people that don’t mind when winter is coming.

But right now, I am going freaking crazy with this weather. And when the weather people announce that we are expecting another storm with MORE snow and MORE ice and MORE cold winds, I want to punch frosty in the face.

Yes, I realize that it is “officially” spring, but I refuse to call it spring until the weather starts behaving that way.

3-27-2013 8-33-34 AM

When I got home from my run this morning and I was feeling all sorts of anger from the cold weather, I put together a top 10 list of reasons why I hate winter weather and our current situation.

It is negative and grouchy, but it is how I feel.

Here we go….

1. Constantly slipping on ice and nearly falling on my ass. This morning, I actually almost fell into a storm drain.

2. Hour long commutes to work. I swear, people see snow on the ground and drive like idiots.

3. What does sunshine even look like? And where did I put all my sunglasses since I haven’t been wearing them?

4. My Girls on the Run girls are totally over running laps inside a tiny classroom. That small space will NOT help them to train for a 5k. I would guess maybe (and I mean maybe) 50 laps is a mile.

5. Stuck on the treadmill. Enough said there.

6. Wearing the same damn sweaters over and over and over. My spring clothes are being neglected.

7. Hands so dry they actually start bleeding.

8. My nose is ALWAYS running!

9. Constant shivering.

10. Looking like Ralphie from A Christmas Story every time I attempt a run outside. Or actually every time I go outside for any reason.

———————————-

Thank you for listening to me. I actually feel a little better already. And if you have tips on handling winters that won’t go away and miserable weather, can you let me know???

Wishing you a good week ahead. And I PROMISE the next post will be happier. Unless of course, we get another blizzard between now and then.

xo

9 Responses to “Seasonal Rage Disorder”

1. krissy m. murphy March 27, 2013 at 9:01 am #

UGH girl I feel youuuuu…so done with this.

2. Terese March 27, 2013 at 10:29 am #

I’m with you on this one and I’m not even a runner! Would you like some of the Lying Groundhog Chili when I make it? 🙂

3. Nicole March 27, 2013 at 10:30 am #

I will not talk about the weather to you any more – I will just hope that you get some sunshine in your life. I can send you a picture of what it looks like later today if you need something to put a smile on your face 😉

4. lauradempsey75 March 27, 2013 at 11:00 am #

I know! Its been awful! I’ve been wearing the same rotation of corduroys and turtlenecks every week and I’m ready to shed some layers for my training runs. Its finally sunny here in Boston today and the temps are creeping up out of the 40’s so I feel confident that we are almost out of the woods. Until then, I highly recommend Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream (it works great) and hopefully we will warm up just enough for your big race in a few weeks.

5. Andrea March 27, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

I am a winter lover myself and I am done with it as well. I want to run in shorts and tanks. I want to sweat because it is hot, not because I have tons of warm clothes on. 7 am runs in full gear is not my fav at all. If those of us that love winter are done with it, I can’t imagine how regular people are feeling. I heard that there may be one more cold blast next week and I am hoping it just jumps to hot. Almost there and you are doing a great job getting ready no matter the weather. I hope Boston is on TV so I can watch you ladies!!!

6. fullrunner March 27, 2013 at 6:39 pm #

OMG I feel the same way- especially on numbers 3 & 5! This has been the longest winter ever 😦

7. Keith J. April 7, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

It’s April 7 here in South Dakota and we are expecting yet another winter storm two days from now. What you have written exactly describes my mood these days. The snow here is JUST beginning to melt and now 5-6 inches (or more??) are going to fall and it’s going to be unseasonably cold, yet again, and it’s sickening. It’s depressing! I get through the winter months and I just want it done with once and for all.

• mileswithstyle (@AliHatfield) April 7, 2013 at 11:23 pm #

I heard that there was another storm coming. I’m so sorry and sending you warm weather thoughts!!!! Good luck with maintaining your sanity 🙂

8. Nat October 11, 2013 at 7:42 pm #

Get looots of nice plants in your home and on those sunny days – open the blinds, let the sun in, turn up the heat and have the smell of fresh plants. Go on winter hikes through the forest and appreciate the beauty that winter can bring – the snow sparkling on the pine trees and the fresh smell of crisp air. Pick up a winter sport that you will find fun – I snowboard and love this part of winter. Also…there are no bugs in winter! Yai. ….I guess what I mean is…yes, winter sucks for many reasons, but there are good sides to it too – just concentrate on those for the most part. Snuggle up on those snow storm days and watch Netflix with a bowl of popcorn and a cup of hot chocolate….and then if you really need a pick me up – add baileys to your hot chocolate :).