I’m Getting Married!!!

5 Mar

In case you didn’t know – I am getting married!!!

In just 3 days, I get to marry the man of my dreams. “The One” that I wished for so many years ago. The person that knows me best. And the person that loves me for all my good, and all my flaws.

1795748_10101918055543279_1292629119_n

And I cannot freaking wait.

Time goes by so fast. Especially when you are planning a wedding, starting a new job, and training for a marathon. Life is full, and my cup runneth over. But I am so lucky and feel blessed beyond belief!

This entire process of wedding planning, I have had a goal to remain calm and not get overwhelmed with all the stupid things. And really, I think I have done a good job. Over 8 months of planning the wedding, and I have only had a few meltdowns. In my research of TLC bridal shows, a few meltdowns = a really sane bride.

Now with the wedding just a few days away, I feel like I am at mile 20 of the marathon. It is getting hard right now, but the finish is so close (duh – I had to use a running metaphor somewhere!!), and I am ready to see it 🙂

I keep asking my friends that are married what their advice is for the last few days of being a single girl, and I would love to hear your advice too!!

After the wedding and the honeymoon, it is my goal to get my blog life back and document the rest of my Boston Marathon training. I was not expecting to run Boston in 2014, but through a crazy turn of events I now get to experience this race again. Everyone told me that training for a marathon and planning a wedding would make me crazy and would be fairly impossible. However I must say that this is what has made my freakout level stay at a minimum and I am glad I made the decision to go for it!

Take care and I will see you soon!!!

Running along Lake Michigan with Stacy and Diana.

Running along Lake Michigan with Stacy and Diana.

Bachelorette Party in Chicago!

Bachelorette Party in Chicago!

With some of my favorites!

With some of my favorites!

Sweetheart Run 5k.

Sweetheart Run 5k.

7 Responses to “I’m Getting Married!!!”

1. Allison March 5, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

Yay! Congrats. Enjoy this time!

2. Janice March 5, 2014 at 11:01 pm #

My advice… Take each & every second in. The little details really don’t mean much when you look back. The next few days are going to fly by so fast & when it’s over you’ll look at your new husband and say “did that just happen?” Enjoy this time with your friends, family & of course Ramsey.

3. Jeff March 6, 2014 at 9:00 am #

The planning has all been done, don’t sweat the small stuff. At this point it is best to just take a “go with the flow” attitude and not let little details that go wrong upset you. Something may go wrong last minute. Remember this, 10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you REACT to what happens and that is under your control! Have an awesome wedding weekend and honeymoon!!! Cheers to Mr. and Mrs. Mohson!

4. Amanda - RunToTheFinish March 6, 2014 at 9:35 am #

Still so truly happy for both of you!!!!

5. Abbey Valdez March 6, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

A friend of mine got married almost exactly a month before me in 2012, and she gave me some good advice. At some point during the reception, find Ramsey and hit pause on everything and take it ALL in just the TWO of you. Look at every table and every guest and admire every little detail you just HAD to have. Because it does go by SOOOO fast, it’s important to notice and appreciate EVERYTHING even if it’s just for a moment.

You’re going to have a bridesmaid who drinks too much and decides to sing karaoke, and it’s ok. You’re flower girl may request the D.J. to play “Call Me Maybe” 3 times, and it’s ok. Your dad may have to sit at a table with his ex-wife and new girlfriend, and it’s ok. Your step-mom and hairdresser may get into a fender bender on the way to your hair appointment, and it’ll be ok. Your future husband’s suit jacket may be the wrong size, but it’ll be ok. You may run out of cake and have to order some emergency chocolate covered strawberries from your caterer, and it’s ok. You MAY even decide to do the worm in your wedding dress, and it’ll be ok. It may even be a nice YouTube clip to share in the following weeks 🙂

All these things happened on my day, and I was so oblivious to it all. It was perfect and everything that’s meant to happen will and you won’t care about anything because you’ll be SOOOO happy and in the moment.

I wasn’t much of a runner when I got married, but I’ve become one since then and I would definitely compare this moment to a race day. I remember when I trained for my first half marathon last year, on the day of the race I felt extremely calm. I felt prepared and ready for whatever was about to happen. I had done EVERYTHING I could and I just had to trust my training. I ended up going about 20 minutes faster then my goal, so clearly I was more then ready.

On your wedding day, just know that all the preparations have been made and all the vendors know their job and they’re going to be great. All the “training hours have been put in”. I’m a bit of a perfectionist and a control freak, and I like everything to be my way and perfect. It was really hard for me to trust people to do what I wanted them to do, but I had to because if I didn’t, it would be too much.

It’ll be great, and it’ll be perfect. And I need to stop rambling because WOW I just wrote a novel. Best of luck to you two 🙂

6. Amy March 6, 2014 at 12:45 pm #

YAY! So exciting! Like everyone else has said, enjoy every second and remember to have fun! This might be the only time that all of your favorite people are in one spot, so if that means staying out until 1:00 am the day before instead of getting “beauty sleep” (you probably won’t sleep anyway), then that is why concealer was invented. Enjoy! I can’t wait to see some pictures on Instagram!

7. Caroline March 6, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Try to enjoy all the little moments along the way. Take time to pause, take a deep breath in, and relax 🙂